Why are they running away to Bombay, Madras and other places? It will not be they who will be the losers, but Sindh. For they will make money for themselves, wherever they go. There is hardly any place in the world where Sindhis are not found. In South Africa they were making big money and gave of it liberally to the poor. - Mahatma Gandhi
The Sindhi is a pure Sanskritical language, more free from foreign elements than any of the North Indian vernaculars
- Professor E. Trumpp
I was hitherto proud of the English language as more beautiful and very copious language in the world, but it is really vain of me; when I learnt Sindhi, I found reduplicated casual verbs and other points that give Sindhi beauties distinct from most Indian tongues
- Capt. George Stack
Since every word in Sindhi ends in a vowel, the sound is very musical
- Dr. Annemarie Schimmel, Harvard professor of Islamics, and versatile linguist
Today, whenever you use a piece of technology, there is a good chance a little bit of Rajeev Motwani is behind it.
- Sergey Brin, Co-founder of Google
Cheti Chand jyon Lakh Lakh Wadayun
- Greetings on Cheti Chand - Sindhi New Year
Sadhu Vaswani's birth day 25 November is celebrated as Meatless Day
Band Baaja Baaraat star Ranveer Singh is actually a Sindhi and his real name is Ranveer Bhavnani
- The great Mughal king Akbar was born in Umerkot, formerly known as Amarkot in Sindh
- Humayun met and married Hamida in Sindh, who was to become the mother of Akbar
- Muhammad bin Qasim's conquest of Sindh and Punjab laid the foundations of Islamic rule in the Indian subcontinent in 711 AD.
- Sucheta Kripalani , was the first female Chief Minister of any Indian state., in Uttar Pradesh.
- Acharya Jivatram Bhagwandas Kripalani moved the first-ever No confidence motion on the floor of the Lok Sabha in August 1963.
- Acharya Jivatram Bhagwandas Kripalani had the second highest number of votes after Sardar Patel for the post of future Prime Minister of India.
- Raja Dahir born 661 AD — died 712 AD was the last Hindu ruler of Sindh
Sindhi language has 52 letters